The USPLTA was established in 1962 to represent and support those engaged in processing, merchandising, brokering and warehousing dry peas, lentils, chickpeas, and related activities.
As the industry has grown, the Membership now includes food manufacturing and processing, transportation and port, bagging and equipment, and other industry-related companies.
Voting Members include Processors, First Purchaser/Elevators, Warehousemen/Seed Dealers, Exporter/Dealers, Broker/Commission Agents and Finished Product Processor/Food Manufacturers.
Non-voting Members are associated companies including Financial, Chemical/Seed Treatment, Packaging/Bagging, Transportation, Ports and those engaged in closely related industry activities.
International Market Development:
- Export market access
- Reductions of barriers to trade
- Product promotions
- Symbol of Quality
Domestic Market Development:
- Pulse Branding Campaign
- New product development
- Marketing new uses & functionality
- Trade show promotions
- Improved varieties
- Maximum Residue Limit (MRL) harmonization
- New crop protection products
Info. & Government Education:
- Pulse Crop Health Initiative
- School Nutrition & the School Pulse Crop Products Program
- Farm programs & Food aid
- Trade rules / Grading standards
- Industry publications
The Pulse Brand
The USPLTA has a new benefit for members: the opportunity to use the Pulse Brand. The Pulse Brand is designed to be used by all pulse value chain stakeholders, including pulse processors, exporters and on packaging at the retail level. Restrictions do apply; nominal fees vary depending on membership level.
Launching in the US and Canada in June, the Half-Cup Habit is a campaign to inspire consumers to eat more pulses and raise awareness of their benefits. The campaign will be supported by social media advertising in addition to other promotions. USPLTA members who use the Pulse Brand can also use the Half-Cup Habit symbol.
- Distributed annually
- Includes USPLTA Members
- Links to Member company website pages
- Member company informational listing
- Exposure to new markets for US products
- Valuable market information
- Discounts for participation at annual convention
Weekly newsletter: Pulse Pipeline
- Market and pricing information
- Relevant issues, latest research & crop protection information
Electronic distribution of publications:
- Statistical reports
- Market news
- P.L. 480 announcements
- Convention information
- Direct industry efforts in Research, International, Domestic Marketing, Outreach, & Education
- Representation of industry related issues in Washington D.C.
- Access to international and domestic trade teams.
- Participation in Trade Association Committees
- Eligible to travel on behalf of the Industry